SimCore has a built in Calendar that allows you to schedule upcoming simulation events. In addition to building a schedule of upcoming events, you may also add learners, instructors or other staff to these events, which will result in a meeting invite being sent.
To get started click the calendar icon at the top of the page.
On the calendar screen you will your calendar along with the options to change the month, change the display range and the ability to add events. You will also be able to view events that have been previously scheduled.
1. Select which facility in your system you'd like to schedule an event *Optional - this is only an option for clients with more than one facility.
2. Search for an event connected to a specific user attached to that event, e.g. Instructor, facilitator, student etc.
3. Scroll through each month to view
4. Change your view from Yearly, Monthly, Weekly or Daily
5. Add an Event to the calendar
Creating an Event
When you are ready to create your event, select your facility (if your organization has multiple faculties) from the drop down menu and then click "Add Event". You'll see the Event wizard which will allow you to fill in all the information you need for your events.
At the top of the Event Wizard there is a button labeled "Department Filter", leaving this on means you'll only see staff from the department you select below, if you turn it off then all staff will be available to add to an event regardless of department.
- Type - Standard or OSCE
- Title - This will be the name given to this event, and what will be shown when invitations for the event are sent out.
- Description (optional) - a description of the event you're scheduling
- Note - will go to users when the email confirmation is sent
- To add multiple scenarios to one event click "Add Another"
- Time Period
- Attach PDF
When you hit save, your event will be scheduled on the event calendar and all participants will receive an email notification with an invite as well. Your event is also visible on the calendar by either clicking the day to see the event or hovering over the dot representing the event.
When you are scheduling events in SimCore you have the ability to double book a room if you select the Double Booking option at the bottom of the "New Event" screen. When you attempt to book a room that's already been scheduled for another scenario at that same time, you will get a message that the room is already booked. You should also now be given the option to check a box marked "Double Book" at the bottom of your screen if you'd like to override this.
Equipment, however, may not be double booked.