Software Release Notes – Release 1.4
Welcome to the release notes for ACLS VR! Below is a list of new features, improvements, fixes and known issues with version 1.4, released on October 24, 2019.
- Alpha native support for Oculus Rift S
- Since this is native support, you do not need Steam or SteamVR to run ACLS VR with a Rift S
- Make sure you launch the Oculus client BEFORE you launch ACLS VR
- Please see below for known issues with the Rift S support
- Replaced the incorrect push animation for Amiodarone and replaced it with drip animation
- Improved voice recognition for many phrases
- Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headsets can lose track of where they are in the room, leading to an experience in which the user can no longer move around the room but the room moves with them.
- If this happens, try taking off the headset, moving to the middle of the room play area and turning the headset in all directions, including up and down. Then put on the headset. It should regain its bearings.
- Motion smoothing, applied by the Vive and Vive Pro headsets, can cause some visual artifacts during the graphically demanding parts of the app
- These don’t affect a user’s ability to complete the application successfully
- The on-boarding volume check shows if you’re using the original Vive, which does not have any volume adjust buttons on the headset
- You can simply ignore the volume check if you’re using an original Vive headset
- The hardware check screen doesn’t appear if it detects that all hardware is functioning properly. On occasion though, WMR will not report that hardware has gone to sleep causing the hardware check screen not to report that status. The app may not function under those circumstances.
- If the app says all hardware is fine but you don't see hardware such as controllers, just pick up the controllers to wake them
- Native Oculus Rift S support
- The headset's frame rate is locked to the external monitor's frame rate if you're using one. This can cause the headset experience to be jittery if the monitor's frame refresh rate is below 80 Hz
- If ACLS VR is launched before the Oculus client, the headset view will be stuck in the Oculus dashboard.
- To fix, close ACLS VR and launch it again.
- The on-boarding videos do not show the Rift S but do show a similar headset.